- 1 Top Glock 26 ankle holsters present online
- 2 Buyers Guide for Purchasing Ankle Holsters
- 3 Frequently asked questions
- 4 Conclusion
Again, keeping inside the coat or the trouser pockets creates unnecessary bulges and reveals their presence. It is, therefore, best to use ankle holsters and carry the arms effortlessly, concealing their presence yet can be pulled out instantly at the time of need. Let us discuss the top 10 ankle holsters to carry the Glock 26 pistol comfortably but can be pulled out quickly when needed.
Top Glock 26 ankle holsters present online
#1 – Comfort TAC
It is difficult to ignore the Ultimate ankle holster by ComfortTac Store, and it will always top the chart for Glock 26 pistols. With the neoprene band to fasten the holster around the ankle and foam pads to tuck the guns, one gets the best comfortable feeling on the skin.
One can get them 15 inches or 17 inches band size that can fit 13 inches or 15 inches effortlessly. The overall weight of this ankle holster is 4 ounces, and one can draw the gun with both hands swiftly at the time of need.
There is a metal snap that protects the trigger from accidental pulling. One can wear this band inside the boot or high or low on the ankle. The holster is elastic and can fit many brands of guns.
- Fixable fit
- Fast silent draw
- Fits a wide range of guns
- Super comfortable
- The neoprene band keeps the skin comfortable, unlike the elastic bands.
- Many sizes of pistols, including the micro-models, can be tightly placed inside the holster.
- The arms can be pulled out using any hand.
- The overall length is less than 6.5 inches and can be worn by any person.
- The elastic straps sometimes lose elasticity after some period of usage.
#2 – Concealed carrier
If you are looking for a breathable ankle holster to carry your pistol and the magazine, then this product from the house of Concealed Carrier should be one of your top choices. It is made by the experts who served the US military and therefore designed the ankle holster quite appropriately. One can keep the extra magazine, a military knife, or any other small lethal weapon in the pouch and even move freely concealing them.
The holster is made from elastic neoprene of surgical grade allowing the skin to breathe. One can adjust the hammer straps to wear the holster without any discomfort. The overall weight of this ankle holster is approximately 6 ounces and gives a comfortable feel while wearing it.
- One size fits all
- Subcompact pistol
- The ankle holster is adequately padded to give maximum comfort to the skin.
- It has holes in the surgical grade neoprene so that the skin can breathe.
- It is an ambidextrous ankle holster.
- Guaranteed quick draw with a non-slip feature having thump break provisions
- The manufactures provide a lifetime warranty and give a full refund to unsatisfied users.
- Carrying a heavy load is not possible while using this holster.
- The manufacturer should use better quality Velcro as they wear and tear fast.
#3 – Topmeet
It is an ankle holster having 20 inches band that can fit calf dimensions up to 18 inches. The manufacturer makes this band in various colours lie black, blue tor red allowing you to wear and conceal your gun holder more effectively, matching your dress. With the use of thick foam and additional pads in this ankle holster, Topmeet has made sure that the ankle and the calf area stay more relaxed.
Both hands can use this ankle holster as the design is ambidextrous. The retention strap has a metal snap that lasts for a long time. To provide a more secure fastening, this model of ankle holster comes with extra nylon. This ankle holster is suitable for many pistols’ models and sizes and cannot be left out of the top 10 list.
- Built-in the magazine pouch
- Hold any compact
- Available in 2 sizes
- The design is of a double anti-skid type having a unique extender.
- With the buttons on the strap, it provides more protection while wearing this holster.
- The material is breathable and elastic.
- As metal snap is used in this ankle holster, they last long, unlike the Velcro pads.
- Many people complain of the gun slipping out of the holster while running or walking fast.
#4 – BUG Bite
If you are looking for a right-hand ankle holster, then this one from BUGBite is irresistible. The neoprene ankle holster is available in four B, C, D, and E, and the B size starts from 13.5 inches, and the D size extends to 21.5 inches. It is exceptionally light-weight and can be worn all day without any discomfort. The pistol holder’s Velcro tension strap is breathable and keeps your skin perfect without any itches or rashes. The silicon grip dots allow the weapon to stay at the correct position without any free movement.
It can hold a gun size that has a maximum length of 5.5 inches and 4 inches in height. The overall weight of this ankle holster is around 5 ounces, although it can be comfortably wrapped around your calf right from the ankle. It is available in black colour, and the closure has zipper provisions.
- Available in 5 sizes
- Quick-release zipper
- Build-in the magazine pouch
- It is made from breathable neoprene and extremely light-weight.
- There is an extra pocket to keep a flashlight, knife, or additional ammunition.
- Zipper safety provision is included so that one is not able to loosen the ankle holster unmindfully.
- The Velcro tension strap is sturdy to hold the holster firmly in position.
- Sometimes, the zipper gets jammed, and the manufacturer should use a better quality zipper.
- It is not an ambidextrous holder and only for right-hand use.
#5 – CREATRILL
If you are searching for an extra-padded ankle holster, then your search should end with this product. The CREATRILL ankle holster is challenging to ignore as it is heavily padded and has a loop strap and retention hook to give extra comfort. One need not worry about the size as it is available in a free-size and has a length of 16 inches and a width of 5 inches. This ankle holster can be easily adjusted as per the built of your calf.
One can also specify the draw and select the right-hand or left-hand draw as per their suitability. The ankle holster fits various brands and sizes of pistols. The material is elastic and allows the skin to breathe. It is so light that the total package weighs around 2.4 ounces.
- One size fits all
- Foam padding behind the gun
- Can be worn on either leg
- The ankle holster is extremely light-weight.
- The neoprene padding is thick and durable.
- It is made from non-toxic material.
- There is a retention Velcro strap that keeps the gun in position.
- It can easily hold a compact or a subcompact or a revolver.
- Many people find the holster a bit thick and have trouble wearing jeans.
- It does not fit people with big ankles
#6 – Galco
Although it is a right-hand holster, it is perfect for people preferring to have a rugged carry case made from 100% genuine leather. Galco, the manufacturer, uses steerhide to make this ankle holster, and it comes with a Velcro fastener and neoprene ankle band. The maximum circumference of this unique glove is 13 inches.
The padding of this ankle holster is made from sheepskin and most comfortable to wear. The material of this item 100% imported. The manufacturer provides a retention strap. What’s more, most of these models have reinforced thumb breaks. It is available in black colour, and the neoprene ankle band is wide enough to fasten to the calf. It is a genuinely 100% American manufactured product made by Galco, also famous for other leather products like belts, hinting accessories, ladies’ sling holsters, and many more.
- Leather holster
- One size fits most
- Stays securely in place
- Genuine leather makes this ankle holster more durable.
- It can be worn for years, even while wearing almost 80 hours a week.
- Allows deep concealment of the pistol
- It is of unisex design and weighs around 6.4 ounces.
- As it is made of leather, it stretches less, and many people feel they hold a bit tight.
#7 – Depring
Depring has come out with this nylon ankle holster that can easily accommodate the Glock 26 pistols. The materials are breathable and of 2nd generation type. The design is ambidextrous and can be used for both right-hand and left-hand pull. It is elastic and can fit any ankle effortlessly.
The manufacturer supplies two spare magazine pouches. One can keep a knife too for extra safety. The fitting around the ankle and calf can be adjusted through a loop and hook band. The hook band faces outside and does not itch your skin.
- One size fits most
- Can be worn on either tag
- Build-in pocket for an extra magazine
- Can accommodate various brands of revolvers.
- One can keep an extra magazine, pepper spray, knife, etc., in the extra mag holder.
- It is made from ventilated material and extremely light-weight.
- The elasticity is strong, and it does not displace the gun while moving.
- A better quality Velcro could have made this ankle holster last long.
#8 – Tacx Pro
It is another one of the best ankle holsters of universal size to fit any build’s ankle or calf. Although it is a right-hand gun holder, one can pull out the pistol effortlessly at the time of need. The ankle holster is made from high-quality neoprene material with loop and hook-type Velcro fittings. The material is sweat-resistant and breathable, keeping your skin perfect. Besides TacX Pro Gear, the manufacturer supplies a LED torch free of cost that can be used to stay tactically ready.
There is a spare magazine pouch with a quick-release button to pull out the ammunition fast and be ready to face any eventualities. It is a reversible pistol holder that can be worn on any leg and conceal your firearm without worries. This ankle holder is available in black colour can last long.
- One size fits most
- Build-in magazine pouch
- Can be worn on either leg
- The material is soft and breathable.
- It can be worn on any leg.
- The manufacturer provides a one-year warranty.
- The after-sales service of the company is excellent, and issues get resolved without delay.
- It can accommodate not only Gloc 26 guns but many other brands and models of various sizes.
- Sometimes the seam wear-off fast due to overuse.
- The manufacturer should use a better quality Velcro to last long.
#9 – LIRSY
Although this is not an ankle holster but is quite popular amongst users, so; this holster had made its place in the top 10 list. It is made from neoprene material and 2.72 inches wide and 5.74 inches in height. It is available in both right-hand and left-hand pull and can be hooked to your belt or trouser-waist and kept inside your pants. It is flexible, and as you bend, the holster will also bend. The manufacturer provides an extra neoprene magazine holder.
The holster is breathable, soft, and made from thin but high-quality neoprene to keep your skin in perfect condition. The design of this waist holster is open muzzle-type and helps to pull out the gun quickly. It can be used for many brands and pistol models, and concealment can be achieved to the fullest.
- Available in 2 sizes
- Can be worn on either leg
- The neoprene is only 0.3 mm thick and light-weight.
- It is a flexible holster, and one does not feel any pain while bending.
- Grade 600D nylon wraps the holster for long-lasting.
- Sometimes, the pistols’ barrel sticks out of this waist holster if they are too long, so it is not suitable for every gun size.
#10 – LPV PRODUCTS
It is an ambidextrous ankle holster having a universal size and fits all sizes of ankles and calves. The material of this holster is high-grade neoprene. The manufacturer is using top-quality Velcro and nylon straps to fasten the holster more securely. The product is designed in Germany, and one can use it for a long time without any worries of wear and tear.
Heavy pistols can be carried comfortably using this ankle holster from LPV. There is an extra magazine pouch, and the gun pocket is sturdy to carry a heavy load. The neoprene is breathable and of high-quality.
- One size fit most
- Can be worn on either leg fit most compact
- The neoprene material is breathable and does not itch on the skin.
- With the new nylon strap attached to the holster, forget the blues of slipping.
- It is an ambidextrous holster, and both hands can be used to pull out your firearm.
- The manufacturer provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee for lifelong, or they give a 100% refund if not satisfied using the product.
- Many people express that it is not suitable for small guns as they fit loose.
- The neoprene wears out a bit after prolong and extensive use.
Buyers Guide for Purchasing Ankle Holsters
Finding and purchasing one of the top-best ankle holsters is not like studying rocket science. However, one should dig deep a bit so that using them is served with satisfaction. One needs to ponder on specific points before sealing the deal.
- Defining the purpose –One may be a civilian, a wildlife adventure trekker, licensed security personnel. Everybody has different needs. The civilian rarely uses the firearm; the jungle trekker uses them to stay safe from wild animals and pull out the gun at times, whereas security personnel frequently use it to save somebody. Therefore, defining the purpose and frequency of firearm usage is essential to select the best from the list. Some may need a light-weight holster, some moderate, and many may need a robust and heavy-duty ankle holster. Whatever one may select according to the purpose and frequency of use, make sure that the gun can stay concealed properly and pulled out instantly at the hour of crisis.
- Material –The material of the ankle holster should be one of the primary concerns. Suppose you are professional security personnel and need to carry your firearm almost all the time and pull them out frequently. In that case, robust materials like leather or a top-quality neoprene holster should be used. These materials last a long time. However, make sure that the material is breathable and has air passages to avoid sweat, rashes, and itches. Make sure that the gun holds tight in the ankle holster and does not move freely. Ensure that it can be easily pulled out from the concealment at the time of need.
- The fit –The ankle holster should fit appropriately on your leg. If the universal size holsters fit loose, one should go for the proper size. Measure the circumference of your calf and ankle and look for specific brands that match your physique. The ankle holster should stay tight on your leg and not fall. Make sure to buy an ankle holster that has two to 3 inches more circumference than your calf.
- The fasteners – All ankle holsters either use a Velcro, zipper, nylon, or a buckle or button fasteners. One should ensure that the quality of these fasteners is outstanding. They help the holster to stay tight. Bad quality fasteners ears and tears fast, and the purpose of using the holster is not served. Please read the reviews, ask the manufacturer or the supplier about them, and then only select the best from your list.
- Size of your firearm – The firearm’s size that you desire to conceal and carry is of utmost importance. Not all ankle holsters fit all sizes of pistols. If you are using a compact or subcompact gun, then a medium-sized pocket is more than enough. However, your firearm should not fit loose inside the pocket. If you use a pistol with a somewhat big barrel or butt, an ankle holster with a big pouch should be chosen. It is best to ask the manufacturer about the details and the brand and models of firearms that any particular best ankle holster can support. See other related specifications and conclude.
- Should have adjustment features- It is best to buy an ankle holster that can be adjusted to fit the calf. One may turn slim or fat at times, and the adjustable feature will allow wearing the same ankle holster without buying a new one. Again, the product should be versatile. Also, take care of the drawings. Some are ambidextrous, while others have a right or left-hand draw. Select according to your choice and ease of use.
- The budget – One cannot ignore the budget. It is always better to stay within the budget and buy the best product without going overboard. However, some extra penny has to be spent while selecting a leather ankle holster or a holster made from the best quality neoprene and suitably padded to give comfort to your legs. Quality products always attract some premium price, and some dollars up or down can bring an excellent product to your hands.
Frequently asked questions
Q- Leather or neoprene, which material is best for the holster?
Ans- Every material has advantages and disadvantages. While leather lasts long, gives a macho look, it requires regular maintenance. Leather holsters are a bit heavy. On the other hand, neoprene is light-weight, less costly than leather, and easy to maintain. But neoprene materials wear out fast and become loose on overuse.
Q- Shall I go for universal size while buying an ankle holster?
Ans- Universal size ankle holsters fit every leg irrespective of the ankle and calf built. One can also buy specific size ankle holsters. However, make sure that the holster’s overall circumference is at least 2 inches more than your calf circumference.
Q- Does all ankle holsters suitable for all sizes of pistols?
Ans- The answer is no. However, many ankle holsters can accommodate many sizes. Ensure that your gun does not fit loose inside the ankle holster or too tight as the pistol may fall-off, or you may be unable to pull it out at the right time.
Q- Why I get rashes and itches while wearing my ankle holster?
Ans- Most probably, your ankle holster’s material is not breathable or does not have pores to pass air through them. Gain, the fit on the calf may be too tight. Replace your ankle holster with one from the above list and feel the difference.
The above list includes only the top 10 popular ankle holsters. Use any of them as per your choice and feel the difference. Stay relaxed and comfortable using any of them. Conceal your firearm or pull them out quickly at the time of crisis and be safe.